Bodrum, the sun-drenched Turkish Riviera, is a gateway to the famous Turquoise Coast. Besides hosting remarkable bays, this city is a place where you can observe the traces of history. Accompanied by your private guide, start your day with a visit to an age-old structure, the Ancient Theater of Halicarnassus. Continue to the Myndos Gate, the only surviving entrance of the ancient city. Your next stop is the symbol of the region, the historical Windmills, standing proudly on top of a hill overlooking the islands on the horizon and the downtown at the same time. This place is the best spot to take plenty of photographs. In order to put a checkmark on your bucket list, head to the remains of the Mausoleum of Halicarnassus, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. Making your way into the old city, make a stop at Saint Petrium, a medieval fortress, built by the Hospitaller Knights of St John. This building is also home to Turkey’s unique Underwater Archeology Museum which hosts many ancient shipwrecks and artifacts obtained during the first underwater archaeological excavations in human history. Watching a sensational sunset in Gümüşlük Bay, 30 minutes away from downtown will be the final touch of the day.
- Guidance fees
- Parking fees, transfers and transportation
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
- Entrance fees
- Personal expenses
TIPS & HINTS
- Hiking shoes, hat, sunscreen
- The entrance fee for Underwater Archeology Museum is 150 TL per person.
- The entrance fee for Glass Shipwreck of Serçe Harbour is 50 TL per person.
- The entrance fee for Mausoleum of Halicarnasus is 25 TL per person.
- The Mausoleum for Halicarnasos and Ancient Theatre is not available to visit on Mondays.