Bodrum, the sun-drenched Turkish Riviera, is a gateway to the famous Turquoise Coast. Besides hosting remarkable bays, this city is a place where you can observe the traces of history. Accompanied by your private guide, start your day with a visit to Saint Petrium, a medieval fortress, built by the Hospitaller Knights of St John. This building is also home to Turkey’s unique Underwater Archeology Museum which hosts many ancient shipwrecks and artifacts obtained during the first underwater archaeological excavations in human history. Take a delightful walk among the marina and learn about traditional gulets and blue voyages, sponge hunters and some special buildings of the downtown. Get lost in picturesque narrow streets in between white painted Bodrum houses. In order to put a checkmark on your bucket list, head to the remains of the Mausoleum of Halicarnassus, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. Test your bargain skills in local shops dotted on the narrow avenues of the old town and take some hints about the lifestyle of this highly popular city.
- Guidance fees
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
- Entrance fees
- Personal expenses
TIPS & HINTS
- Hiking shoes, hat, sunscreen
- The entrance fee for Underwater Archeology Museum is 150 TL per person.
- The entrance fee for Glass Shipwreck of Serçe Harbour is 50 TL per person.
- The entrance fee for Mausoleum of Halicarnasus is 25 TL per person.
- The Mausoleum for Halicarnasus is not available to visit on Mondays.